Monday, August 8, 2011

More cakes!

Our nephew, Kinny, was receiving his Aarow of Light from Cub Scouts along with 2 other boys. There were also 3 boys that were crossing over to Boy Scouts. So, Charmayne asked me to make a combo cake for Pack meeting. She gave me a picture to look at. This is my first attempt at colored fondant and it turned out well. I was very happy with it.
My sister Rachel had her baby girl, Marcae, on July 29th. Some friends had a shower for her on Saturday the 6th and I made this cake for it. There was supposed to be a fondant bow on the top but we just couldn't make it work. I wasn't stiff enough to stand up and do what we wanted. Finally we gave up and put part of her present, the shoes, on the top. It turned out dang cute if you ask me :) I'm liking the colored fondant.


1 comment:

Sarah McM said...

Fabulous work, lady!