Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our new pride and joy!

We had our ultrasound today! Terry was out of town so my mom and sister went with me as well as all the kids. They were good for the first 15 min. After that, not so much. :) Unfortunately for me, it determined that the baby is not as far along as I thought, but looks very healthy for it's size. That also meant that we were too early for full development of certain body parts, so the sex is still undtermined. It also means taht my due date will be pushed back but I don't have a new date yet. Here is a full body shot. Don't mistake the cord for a little pee pee :) The fun thing about this yawn was that we saw it happen, along with a good stretch! :)
This is a shot of the full leg. She measured it for us and the total length of the leg was 2 inches. When we got home, Cypress remembered that she told us this and got out a ruler and showed us all how tiny that really is. The total weight is 5 oz. - just a tad more than a cube of butter.


When you consider all that, it's pretty amazing how developed it is. We saw all major organs in function and heard the heart beat. This is one experience that never gets old!






3 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Congratulations!!

Jed, April, Julia and Alyssa said...

awwwww... Yay! I'm so excited!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Congrats again, great pictures.